Happy 7th Birthday, Ethan and Jonah!

Us with Ethan- I think- in the NICU. I was looking for a cute picture of the twins together, but they didn't really put them together, so I didn't find any. I do have one somewhere!



Ethan and Jonah on their blessing day- 4 months old.

Seven years ago today, two little beans were born. They were 4 lbs and 14 oz (Ethan) and 5 lbs and 1 oz (Jonah) and they arrived a surprisingly 5 1/2 weeks too early. They had twin-to-twin transfusion and ended up spending 4 and 5 weeks- respectively- in the hospital. They each came home to a doting 20 month old sister Elizabeth and thrilled yet tired parents Josh and Megan. It's amazing that they survived together considering their twin-to-twin.

Ethan and Jonah, about 8 months old


Ethan and Jonah, recently


Jonah and Ethan- taken last year

And now, today they have grown up to be strapping, healthy young boys- just like Jonah's blessing in the hospital said he would. You would never guess that Jonah had to be on five different medications, that he had to wear a heart monitor for the first three months at home or that it was touch and go for a little while there.

And I am SO glad. So glad to have these boys in my life. So glad that I can make them one-eyed monsters for their birthday breakfast, that I can go shopping and buy each one a different present that I think they would love, that I can throw a doughnut party for them on Saturday.

They light up my life more than I ever thought possible. And while we were all in the operating room- for safe measures- that warm Sunday night, waiting for these boys to make their appearance into this world, I never knew how much my life would change. Or how much I could come to love such little boys with such big spirits. Happy Birthday, Ethan and Jonah. Thank you for choosing me as a Mother.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Douglas Smith said…
Happy Birthday to Ethan & Jonah! We love you!! Uncle Doug & Aunt Sheelah ♥♥ ♥♥
Joanie said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JONAH AND ETHAN...we didn't call on your special day but will call soon!
We love you, you cuties! Grandpa and Grandma Hulihan in California
Unknown said…
Love those boys! That sink pic is my favorite! More fun to come!