The Good...and The Bad



The GOOD- I ate a DOVE peanut butter ice cream bar this afternoon. SOO good! Now, they are all gone and I can buy what I've been craving next- a MAGNUM double! They have a layer of chocolate, then carmel, then chocolate. I would eat these all the time in Spain! Yum! We would call them MAGNUM Doo-Blays though. Spanish has no room for double.

The BAD- Asher peed in his pants during his last Preschool Spring Concert. In the Front Row. With all cameras rolling. Except mine. Which had no card space. That's right! I could see him doing the little dance half way through, but I figured he could make it. With ten minutes to go, he let out a "I have to go to the bathroom!!!"

And he went.

Right there.

In front of everyone.

And then he said: "I just went to the bathroom!"

I was mortified.

I calmly took his hand and lead him into the nearest bathroom, which he informed me was the girl''s bathroom, but the boys bathroom was blocked by two Dads and one Grandma, so no, we couldn't go there.

I had the brilliant idea to go get his change of clothes from his bucket, but he was completely against wearing the red running pants he had in there instead of his black church pants. Forever later, we emerge, with clean undies, clean socks and a dried off pair of black dress pants on.

Everyone turns around and looks at us. They only had the good-bye song left and had been waiting for Asher to come and sing it with them.

Waiting. After the pee. On tape. (If anyone has it on tape, let me know, and I can show Josh!)

Everyone was very sweet and kind and gave me lots of smiles and knowing looks. The teacher wished me a "Happy Mother's Day" on the way out.

On the ride Asher informed me that Joey and Ida and now him had all peed on the floor at school.

This is will be a Mother's Day to remember.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Missa said…
Those days happen to everyone. One of my favorite Mother's Days was the one where Caleb threw up in my hand. He had bitten off more granola bar than he could chew and was gagging. So, I did the only thing I could. I stuck my hand in front of his mouth. I was standing there with throw up in my hand and thinking, "Oh, sure, it had to be on Mother's Day." Then I realized that it hadn't gotten all over the car, I was in CA on my way to a week of fun in the sun, and my hand would wash. So, despite the horror, it was okay. You'll look back years from now and laugh--or at least smile a little.
Hilary said…
hilarious, embarrasing, one to remember for sure.