Being Grateful


There are times in my life when I am especially grateful. It's usually when I have just gotten over a very hard trial- like being sick or moving or Josh working long, hours- or when I am in a reflective, pensive mood.

Both of these moods happened to strike at around the same time these past few days. I had been sick for so long in April that even taking a walk- let alone a jog- without my whole legs burning on fire made me bask in GRATITUDE for my health.

Why is it that what we have often gets taken for granted: decent health, the ability to make babies, etc? But when a few of those things are taken away, you realize how amazing and truly life giving they are in the first place. It is my hope and it will now be my prayer to enjoy the things that I have NOW and not stress about the things that I DON'T have. Things will work out. Probably even better than I ever thought possible. Because when Heavenly Father shuts a door, He opens a window somewhere else. Or maybe He even opens the floodgates. Because that's how He works. And it is marvelous. Truly marvelous.

Today I am grateful for:

-A loving husband who loves me beyond comprehension and shows it.

-Lavender bath salts

-Ice cream. Moose tracks light, to be specific.

-Good blog posts.

-Ethan staying dry 4 nights in a row. Hooray!

-A first Fathers and Sons camp-out where all the sons will be going this time. (no one is sick!!!)

-Spring Pictures taken (see the one above, that I captured on camera)

-Loving Parents who guide and direct our lives, who support us and love us, when the world seems not to.

-A good book to read- The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen

-Today. A new day to start fresh- read my scriptures, hug my children, tell them I love them and help make good decisions- in everything.

What are you thankful for today?

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments