It's me again.



I decided I wouldn't blog today. I need to recover from the world's-worst-itch-ever (I was itching ALL OVER). I need to fold laundry. I need to dunk the two cartons of strawberries that I bought on sale into chocolate. I need to take a bleach bath and slather my skin in Aloe Vera (that was HEAVENLY yesterday- just Heavenly!). I need to get out of this house- I was home almost all day yesterday and when I do that I start organizing and when I organize I start getting stir crazy and gotta take a break. Phew.

So, on the docket for today is a trip to the Mall. I googled "Poison Ivy Rash" and had to click my computer screen off, the images were so scary. Good to know that there is always someone who has it worse off than you. Always.

But, seriously, being in that state of uncomfortable for 48 hours has left me with a sincere, deep gratitude. I'm grateful for a soft bed that cradles me in smooth sheets. I'm grateful for 4 healthy children whose laughter and banter take my mind off of my pain.

And most of all, I am grateful that it was ME who had to be itchy and take several baths a day not them. I can honestly say that I understand Christ and His Atonement more fully because of this experience. He suffered, as I did, so that we would not have to suffer. He rejoices that it is Him who is suffering and not us. He wants to heal us and He can, when we turn to Him.

And it's three more days until Easter!

I'm so excited! Megan

*sorry for the rambling. I was up for 2 hours last night and who knows what these steroids that I am on are doing to my brain!

Comments

Unknown said…
no fun - prob allergic reaction to amox - I don't think Posion Ivy spreads that much - or maybe? Hope it goes away soon!!