I have...


I have passed the 900 blog post mark and failed to make mention of it. Oh, well!

I have used my camera for the first time in earnest! It was glorious! I set it on manual and after a few shots with too much light, I did what I was advised not to- I set it on automatic. After a few shots of mild, bland shots, like a steak that had been cooked until it resembled mush, I switched back to manual, adjusted the ISO and viola- beautiful shots!

And just as I was about to shoot the flowing cherry blossom tree across the way, I put my finger on the shutter and got nothing. Zilch. Nada. The LCD screen read "Change battery" Nooo!!! When the used camera came, it came with a useful battery still in it. As I read the manual, it said that the battery would lose it's power if stored in the camera for long amounts of time. I thought about my battery and brushed the thought aside.

And now, while I wait the 90 minutes for the battery to charge so that I can catch the blossoms that are already turning to pale pink confetti on the asphalt, I will blog about my thought for today.

Today, I am grateful to be a blogger. I am grateful for the Church to which I belong and for the General Conference messages that I watched last weekend. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that loves me personally, the watches over me and that forgives me when I make a mistake.

What I took away from the past Conference was this- How can I find peace, day to day, in my life? And the answer was to trust in Heavenly Father, in His plan for me and to study the scriptures. Daily.

I am excited to do this. To turn my life and all my worries and cares over to Him. To feast upon the scriptures every day. More and more, I love the scriptures and the things I can learn from them.

This is my life. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Gorgeous! I love the pictures of your kids on your sidebar, too. Did you use your new camera for those? I'm excited to see more! Love ya!
Unknown said…
Great photos - so you like it???