Field trip to the ZOO


A, N and Jonah

Now that my kids are getting older, there are things that I can do that I couldn't do before. Like, for example, chaperon a field trip. I couldn't do this before because they don't allow siblings and Asher was just too little. Now, Asher is in Preschool and I am able to spend time with my older children. On Wednesday I went to the Zoo with Ethan and Jonah's class. It was quite a different experience being the person in charge, rather than being the student. I enjoyed the kids squeals of delight at each little thing "look, a water fountain!" "A goat! I see a goat! (I think it was actually a gazelle)" and "A big, Daddy Lion!" The stress of losing one of my kids for a short moment/riding in the bumpy bus/being away from Asher was little compared to the little moments I will store away in my memory. Jonah grabbing onto my hand and then holding it for awhile after- a diamond in my treasure chest of cherished moments. I love my Jonah and Ethan!

Ethan, Jonah and A- one of their best friends. A was in Ethan's class last year and he is in Jonah's class this year. They are wearing their big coats, since it was a little chilly at first but as the day went on, the coats were cast off and the weather was cool but gorgeous. Also, I think they like to put their hoods up since they are a little shy and that protects them from the world. Hm. I don't really know why. They wear their hoods all the time and we have to tell them to take them off for morning and meal time prayers.


a toucan


tiger


tortoises

What a fun ZOO trip! Now I am again sick and will have to recover all today. Poor Josh. I have been sick all the time lately!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

kristen said…
these are great zoo pictures! i love chaperoning field trips, and it makes the kids soooo happy. i remember feeling that way when i was a kid. my mom was always busy with younger kids, but my dad would take off work to chaperone.
Jen said…
Good job--my zoo pictures never turn out that well. I especially like the tiger. looks like the boys were having a great time, too.