I feel like...


I feel like I've only been posting pictures/videos and haven't been writing enough so bear with me. I've been reading and writing in the mornings and have been loving it. Mostly it's the scriptures and my thoughts about life, but that counts, right? I have a moleskine journal which I bought at Borders with money left over from my birthday. I love it! The pages are smooth and a dream to write on and the cover is pink- what more can I ask for? I also enjoy looking back and re-reading some of my writing. I always come up with more thoughts than before.

This morning I was re-reading my journal and something that I had written struck me. It was a thought from a talk given at Church or something I read in the Ensign. A focus on God, Family, Friends and ourselves. Each day. I love this. I love that we should turn to God in prayer for guidance in how we should go about our day. I love that we should make our families a priority and spend time serving them- making food, cleaning and silly/fun time as well. One thing I need to improve on is making time for friends. I am an introvert by nature, so it's hard for me to do that. I am slow to warm up to people and some people who've known me for a long time still feel like they don't know me very well. That's sad. So for me, blogging (getting my thoughts out there), fb, e-mail, phone calls, play dates and being active are important.

Last, but not least- ourselves. I've found that if I spend time each day- whether it be in the early morning, early afternoon or late evening, just being still and having time to read/write/be by myself: thinking about my life and how things are going- I am happier. Of course, buying myself a treat (chocolate) is great as well.

When each day includes a little bit of Heavenly Father, family, friends and time for myself, I am happier. And that's why we're here. To be happy.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

-Japan had a 8.9 earthquake this morning and there are tsunami warnings all over, including California. May everyone be kept safe! Especially my Uncle and his family near Tokyo and my family in Orange County!

Comments

Unknown said…
Funny that might have been a quote from President Uchdorphf and I had shared it in Relief Society today for spiritual thought - we are on the same spiritual wavelength this week!
"As we turn to our Heavenly Father and seek His wisdom regarding the things that matter most, we learn over and over again the importance of four key relationships: with our God, with our families, with our fellowman, and with ourselves. As we evaluate our own lives with a willing mind, we will see where we have drifted from the more excellent way. The eyes of our understanding will be opened, and we will recognize what needs to be done to purify our heart and refocus our life."

--President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Of Things That Matter Most", Ensign, Nov. 2010, 19–22