A White Hair!!!

Saturday Night Josh and I were able to go to the Temple. I love going to the temple. It is a wonderful place where I can feel peace and feel close to Heavenly Father. While there, I paused to use the bathroom and lo and behold, what did I see staring at me in the mirror under gigantic florescent lights???

A white hair! Just one. I checked for more. I was shocked. Literally.

I thought this would happen when I was 40. Yeah, I know some people have white hair in their 20's and one blogger found one at the age of 32. But, me? Not me. I was wrong. Again.

I met up with Josh but had to be reverent and quiet at the same time. How could I be quiet about this? I excitedly told him about it and was glad to be relieved of my burden, even though he didn't see what the big deal was.

Then, I started seeing white hairs on all the heads around me. The lady in front of me had quite a few. Her husband had none. Of course, this was the temple, so a lot of people had white hair. You know when you get a certain car and you start seeing that same car all over the place? This was the same thing.

I got home and couldn't find that one hair. Our bathroom lighting is so poor so I gave up. Yesterday I dyed my hair- a happy blondish red. I was happy. This morning, on my way home, I looked in the rear view mirror and there it was- sticking it's thumb out at me. I yanked it out and that was that.

A white hair. Not the end of the world, but certainly a new experience to say the least.

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

p.s. I would feel remiss if I omitted one item today. This morning Elizabeth passed out on the floor. Josh carried her up to me and she awoke and couldn't remember what happened. It was quite a scare! We saw the Dr. and she checked out okay right now. An EEG is scheduled for Sat. as it does seem seizure like. We'll keep you updated. Keep us in your prayers.

Comments

Amber said…
Thats scary about Elizabeth! We will definitely keep her in our prayers.

LoL about the white hair! The first time I found a white hair my reaction was a little more panicked, but then again I was only 18... My hair has been dyed ever since!Sometimes I try to grow it out but eventually I can't take it any longer (all that white!) and I cave into dying it again :)
Joanie said…
Meg..love your style of writing. You are a humorist in this day's entry. How interesting and a bit scary about Elizabeth. Keep us posted. We will keep her in our prayers. Love, Mom
Molly said…
You're doing great, Meg! May I remind you we're exactly the same age : ) I've had white hairs for years. I have the urge to pluck them to, but then what's worse- white hair or no hair? he he... I've never dyed my hair but it's definitely in the future for me just becuase of that... love,
Moll