I love My Parents!




Today: My Dad goes down to San Diego to begin treatment again for his CLL that has returned. They are using a new drug and are paying for all of the treatment, so our hopes are very high.

Today: I am sick again. No Strep- as I am still on anti-biotics. But sick. Josh is taking the older kids to a museum (yay for a Holiday!) and Asher is going to the Zoo with a friend.

I love my Parents! My Parents are amazing! My Dad, John, is an Elementary School Counselor- soon to be retired to official full time Grandfather status. He has enjoyed working and we have loved the stories he told us when he came home from work. My Mom, Joan, is a Full-time Wife, Mother, Grandmother to 15- soon to be 16- grandkids, who does private tutoring and family history consulting in her spare time.

My Dad is handsome, talented, fit and just amazing. His Mom, Grandma Betty, is 100% Armenian and a convert to the Church. His Dad- John as well- is Irish (hence my Maiden name Hulihan), Scotch Welch- a green eyed, red headed man whose hair I've only seen white and comes from a long line of pioneer ancestry.

My Mom is beautiful, energetic, fun loving, talented and happy. She is a foodie and loves to eat anything healthy along with some good quality chocolate and an occasional bag of fine potato chips. She is a convert to the Church and her story and testimony have always amazed me and strengthened my own testimony.

My Parents raised 7 children and as my children have grown, I have been more and more appreciative of what they have done for us. They raised us in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we always knew where they stood in that regard. They sacrificed for us, sometimes holding 2 jobs to make ends meet. They are coming up on 35 years of marriage this May and I'm so happy for them.

I love my Parents. There's so much more I could write, but for now, I will leave it at that. Mom and Dad, I love you so much.

Love, Megan

Comments

Dave said…
Good post! A great ode to our parents. Hope you're doing good!
Unknown said…
AMEN! Yes you said it how it is - we are so lucky to have the parents and lineage we have! And I too cannot believe how mom raised 7 kids and we are all pretty normal (: they are great - thats why!