Babies



the boys in the tub, 2005

In the movie Julie and Julia, Julia Child says "I think about FOOD all day."

In the real life of Megan Abbott, I could be able to say "I think about BABIES all day."

I'm not supposed to. Because if I do, it may backfire. Or at least that's what my counselor has told me. And when someone encourages me to do something, I like to follow their advice.

So, I'm allowing myself ten minutes of baby time- time to think about babies- each day. During that time I can think about babies as much as I want to- their cute little noses, their chubby legs, their smile, their drool, their little cloth diapered bottoms. And for the rest of the day, I will go about my normal life.

Yesterday I spent that time watching home videos. Asher was 2 and even though that is not technically a baby age, he didn't talk much, was still in diapers and had a binky so I count that. Asher said "I was so cute. I was cuter than anyone." Funny kid. I replied "Yes, you were cute. It's true. So was everyone else."

There is a baby boom going on- from people in my ward to 2 of my sisters/sisters in law. I love how babies come in bunches. Like flowers. They make me happy.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments