Resolutions Debunked


Ethan sleeping again. Think he's warm enough now? It's been freezing here. Absolutely freezing! We need new windows. Stat!

Okay. Today is Jan. 25th. Time for those resolutions to falter. I have to admit that some of mine are. I wanted to write every day. After about 20 days I was stuck. Blank. Dried up and nothing was coming. Who knew that I had three weeks worth of writing in me and that's it? I've still been writing but it's junk and I know it. Does that count? Should I still write- even if it's no good?

Playing the piano everyday? Check. But now I am rushing through one song and calling it good. That's not how life should be. I should enjoy it, throughly. Drinking the marrow out of it's bones. I can do that several times a week. But not every day. I just don't have the time in my schedule. I like to do other things too much- like read, blog, have a tickle fight with Asher (who requests one often BTW), etc.

Blog- I enjoy doing it, but I never want it to be a chore I have to get done.

Go to the gym 3 x a week and run/walk and do weights. Check. No problem. This is an essential for me. Reading. Check. Go to the temple. This weekend. Check. These goals are staying. The others- modified. Several times a week and I'm good. I'm happy with that and that's the most important thing. How about you?

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Amber said…
I don't think what you have been writing is junk at all! I have really enjoyed reading your post and look foreward to checking your blog everyday :) I hope you keep it up!