Ward Christmas Party 2010


Ethan couldn't remember what he wanted for Christmas so he asked Santa to surprise him. That would be easy for me- except I know what he really wants- a small trampoline!


Jonah realized that Santa's beard was fake and I had to explain that he is really Santa's helper, as Santa cannot be everywhere as once. A close one!


Asher loves getting dressed up- he insisted on wearing a tie! He doesn't get this from his Father or his Mother!

You don't see Elizabeth here because this was the year we broke down and told her everything. I suggest not doing it. It ruins the fun. I think some kids can handle it but she won't have anything to do with him now. She can help fill the stockings, so we'll see how that goes. I'm not telling the boys. They can figure it out when they are older!


Happy Twins!!!

Some sweet family members of ours are doing the 12 days of Christmas for us. On the first day of Christmas- we got a Christmas book. On the 2nd day, we got 2 Sunday videos and on the 3rd we got 3 kinds of popcorn. My kids have been loving opening each presents and they each get a turn to be the one who opens it. Right after dinner they head straight to the tree and grab the present!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments

I'm always interested to see who does the "Santa" thing with their kids. Some of my friends do and some of them don't.

We chose, a couple of years ago, not to do it. We pretend...set out cookies and talk about Santa, but my kids know the truth. I had a hard time with it (because I grew up believing in Santa) and wasn't sure what we should do with our kids.

When the girls were 2, all they talked about that year was Santa. They were worried about what Santa would bring, worried about how Santa did all the things he did...how WONDERFUL Santa was. I just didn't like it.

Chris and I decided we needed to tell them that it's not Santa who should get the credit for the toys or the holiday celebrations, but their daddy who works hard for the $ to buy those presents and for Jesus whose birthday we are celebrating.

They still enjoy the "thought" of Santa and we play it up, but they DO know the truth and i feel it's much easier on us as parents.

(That's not to say i think pretending about Santa is wrong or not, I was just giving you insight to what we struggled with on the whole thing) :)