Turning 33...

My birthday was wonderful. I had no issues with turning 33- unlike turning 30 when I went to the temple and did a lot of soul searching, etc. I am mostly solid in all my wants and dreams now. I enjoy being a Mom, even though some days are harried and crazy. I love being married to Josh. I enjoy serving others and love teaching piano and doing my various Church callings!

On Saturday Josh brought me home some flowers and sparkling grape juice and that was so sweet. Sunday he and the kids brought me breakfast in bed and he bathed them all as well- so nice! I sang with the Choir for Christmas at Church and people wished me a happy birthday and I felt loved! Josh's brother Aaron was in town on a business trip and brought his 5 yr old son along as well. It was so nice to have them here and the kids got along great! They brought me a 4 lb can of Stephens Hot Chocolate from Utah- my favorite! (Thanks, Marrisse!)

For dinner we had Hawaiian Haystacks and had some friends over as well, with Angel Food cake to top it off. Later, Josh surprised me with the lotion I had asked for (it has been so cold and my fingers have been cracking all over the place!) and I was thrilled.

This birthday seemed filled of lots of little surprises of joy and beauty. As I look towards a new year, I am grateful for the future that lies ahead. My family is healthy and happy. My kids are doing well in school. Josh is working hard and while there may be job changes in the future, I have faith in Heavenly Father's plan for us. I have goals and dreams yet to be fulfilled and that brings joy to my heart.

Megan.

Comments

kristen said…
thanks, Megan. i am catching up on blogs, and this was a great one for me to read on the week of my birthday. i hope that you have a great and happy year! i could use more megan in my life.

love, kristen