I love...

Martha Stewart. The first magazine subscription I ever received was for Martha Stewart's Living. I had been married for about four months and was so ready to get into the hobby of making a house and home for my dear sweet hubby. I mentioned to him that I wanted a subscription one day. My birthday came- six days before Christmas (poor guy usually has to buy me 2 gifts this season!) and I was lying in bed after a long day of teaching 3rd grade.

Josh came home from his studies of his junior year at BYU and presented me with a beautiful sweater box. "Oh, great. A sweater." is what I surely thought. To my surprise and delight, it was not a sweater! It was the December 2001 edition of Living, along with a year long subscription, and some chocolates. One of the most perfect presents I have received- that and my diamond ring, a baby girl, twin boys, happy Asher, and the nightgown I got for Christmas that year as well. I have renewed my subscription every year since then. Love it!

Hoodies. I love wearing hoodies. But only when it's raining or foggy or when I'm feeling moody. If it's raining, it's my go-to outfit. That and a pair of my favorite jeans. That's another story. My favorite jeans are from Maurices in the Mall, mostly in Utah. Not here. The other day, my friend who has lived in Utah, offered up a used box of jeans to be made into a quilt. I gladly took her up on her offer, as we would love to make Jonah's quilt a matching set. In the pile of six to eight pairs of jeans were a pair from Maurices- in decent shape. I tried them on- a perfect fit! What a tender mercy of the Lord. It made my day and I still remember it.



Eggnog. I like mine "spiked" with 7-up or diluted with milk. Light. With cinnamon. Josh takes his with nutmeg. That's how I roll!



Mint m& ms. I love anything minty. Anything. Ahh. Andes Mints. Mint chocolate chip ice cream (Breyers is the BEST!) Mint Brownies. BYU Mint Brownies. The list goes on and on! Yum!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Yay Meg! Your post made me so happy! My favorite jeans are from Maurice's, too. They fit perfectly, but they wore out after only a year. Sad! I think Victorville has a Maurice's, too.
Love ya!
P.S. Do you still subscribe to Martha Stewart?