Another He Did Deliver Post




Alma 24:11 "And now behold, my brethren, since it has been all that we could do to repent of all our sins and... to get God to take them away from our hearts, for it was all we could do to repent sufficiently before God that he would take away our stain."

I have always known about forgiveness, but lately I have focused on trying to repent on a daily basis of all the little things I do wrong. The times I raised my voice at my children, when I could have been softer and quieter. The times when I was more selfish and thought of myself more than of others. The times where I didn't try hard enough to go Visiting Teaching, when really if more effort was made, that chat in the parking lot could have been a sit down visit one early morning.

This morning I wrote- "to regret and turn again to God is all we can do because that is the one thing we have left to do. We have done wrong and the only way back to Christ is by truly feeling sorry for what we have done, repenting and then changing our ways. As we/I do our/my all, He will help us/me. To come unto Him, to change and be better."


This morning I also introduced the first annual "Abbott Thankful Jar". An empty jelly jar with a label affixed and a bag of peanut m and m's provided a way for my family to foster an attitude of gratitude. They leapt at the chance to plunk a tiny piece of chocolate and peanut into the almost empty jar (I had put one piece in last night- I am grateful for Josh) and Asher had to fight his way amongst the biggies to get a chance to say what he is thankful for.

I am thankful for this blog and a chance to share what I feel with others.

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.


p.s. As I learned from online, and recently from a family member, those nifty Magic Erasers have harmful chemicals in them and cause burns if used on skin. You can google it for more info! Just so you know!

Comments

CommonMama said…
I am pretty sure they don't have nasty chemicals in them. I checked snopes and urbanlegends, but they do cause burns on the skin because essentially they are a very fine grade sandpaper, they aren't intended for use on skin.
Joanie said…
So..do you put an M & M into the jar as you say what you are grateful for?

Then when the jar is full..you eat them up?

I loved the Book of Mormon refernec eyou used. Thanks, honey! Love, Mom