Asher + Preschool = JOY, Elizabeth and gratitude


Asher is going to the same preschool he went to for half of last year- Creative Playtime- 4's - in Montgomery Village. He LOVES it! The teacher is amazingly wonderful and he loves playing with friends his own age. They play dinosaurs, spiderman, rescue hero and build huge towers of blocks. He does not, though, play with any girls. I asked him "Who do you play with?" and he said "No girls, Mom! No way!" Wow.

Asher is my swee thearted little boy. Last night I was putting him to bed and he said "I made up a song for you. It goes like this 'I love my Mom, I love my Dad, I love my sister and my brothers.' " I just melted! What a great blessing from our Heavenly Father!

On another note, Elizabeth has been having a hard time being happy. She cried before school for the first four weeks. We had no idea what to do. Finally, last week she just made a goal to be happy for a week and she's been doing better- not crying as much. Yesterday she was grumpy and we decided to do a gratitude game. Well, I did. I said something I was grateful for and she did as well. At first, it started out slow, being grateful for "food" etc. At the end, she was happy and laughing and saying "candy corn and pumpkins and home made costumes!" It may have helped that we started working on her Halloween Costume. I really felt the Spirit change in our home as we worked on being grateful. Thanks, President Monson, for such good advice for our family!

This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

Comments