3 More Days!


via Oct 2009

3 More days until Halloween!!! We've had a chain hanging up in our dining room since the end of September (bad idea- wait until it is actually Oct!) and the kids have been counting down excitedly! They can tell you at any given time of day how many days until 1. Halloween and 2. Trunk or Treat. Since Halloween is actually on Sunday this year, we will not be going Trick-or-Treating. I'm planning a fun dinner (Cheeseburgers with the cheese shaped into jack o laterns. I would do stuffed pumpkin dinner but the thought of cooking anything inside a gourd creeps me out! Black frosted cupcakes, Halloween soda and anything else Halloween I can devise that day) the day of.

The day before, we are going Trunk-or-Treating, the infamous Mormon/LDS event where everyone parks their minivans, suburbans or what have you in the parking lot, opens their trunk and passes out the candy. Last year the Spanish Ward was doing Pinatas inside the Church. Two of them. Of course, my kids go in on the action. Of course.

This year, our costumes are going to be simple. Elizabeth wanted to be a fairy. I got some wings, glued on some rhinestones (have to add a homemade touch in there somewhere!), a skirt, some leggings and a wand. Done.

Ethan and Jonah both want to be mummies. They were skeletons last year. I see a trend forming. I bought long johns from Target and some (ok- a lot of) gauze from CVS, oh and two beanies and tada- mummies. Oh, and some white face paint for Saturday.

Asher wants to be spiderman. Already own that one. Done!

Josh + beard = farmer. Plaid shirt from Salvation army $4.99. Done. I may wear it when he's done with it- so cute!

Me. Purple sparkly t-shirt I already own. Sparkly eyelashes and a few rhinestones for a little bling. Maybe some purple glitter nails. Done.

Happy Counting Down to Halloween, ya'll!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Can't wait to see pics - but what is your costume exactly? oh fancy halloween girl (: So how do you deal with all the candy from four kids?