Welcome September!


I told them all to say something like "school". That word does funny things with your mouth! I should have said "Say cheese!" (notice Asher with a backpack on? No, he isn't going to school- yet!!!)


Welcome, September! What new adventures will you take us on this month???

I am so excited for September! My oldest daughter, Elizabeth, is turning eight years old this month and is getting baptized! We've looked forward to this event for a long time and we are so excited that it is finally here and that she gets the chance to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and also get the gift of the Holy Ghost (www.lds.org, baptism). She is excited too and we have been teaching out of the Preach My Gospel manual to teach her more about the Church and the basic principles of the Gospel. The date is set- Sat., the 18th, the building is reserved and we're planning to go out to eat at Cici's Pizza afterwards to celebrate. Last night Josh and I both dreamt about her baptism- isn't that weird?? I dreamt that there were no cookies to munch on after wards in celebration of the event and Josh dreamt that we both arrived wearing normal clothes and someone said that usually one wears Sunday clothes to a baptism. I guess we are both thinking about this upcoming event!

Elizabeth, Ethan and Jonah are back to school in September! Elizabeth was extremely nervous to go to second grade this year. I don't know why. The first day of school, she was fine until one little glitch happened and she broke down in tears. "I'm scared." she said "Why?" I asked. "I don't know." she said. Poor girl, with a Dad who gets anxiety sometimes and a Mom who does too, it will probably rub off on her. "Let's go get dressed and do your hair and see how you feel after that." With a new shirt, a fun pink bow and some new sneakers, she was raring to go. Coming home, she said she had an awesome time.

Ethan and Jonah were excited and nervous about first grade. Ethan was trying to be cool and as I left him with his class in the hallway, he gave me the look like "you can go now, Mom!" Jonah gave me a high five and his little hand was sweating. Poor kids. I just wanted to swoop them up and take them home with me again, but it will be good for us all.


This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. do you think the boys look like triplets? Because I get that. ALL. THE. TIME!

Comments

P&C Dickson said…
hey! my new blog address is:
cpdickson.blogspot.com
Fox and Amy said…
They are so cute! Elizabeth especially in all her pink!