Voting day, it's voting day!





I voted early this year, in an effort not to have to drag all four kids along with me. Turns out the day I chose to vote early was Rosh Hashanah and all the kids were off school. I totally forgot. Oops. They've been having days off school now left and right. Monday for Labor Day, Thursday Rosh Hasanah and now today for Voting Day. Primary Elections. Whatever you call it.

Highlights from my voting day experience

-forgetting to research the candidates, being the busy Mother that I am- okay, so I was blogging instead of researching- I repent, I'll do better come November!

-Accepting any and all fliers the candidates gave me and realizing upon entering the building they were all democrats and I couldn't vote for them anyway since it was a Primary election.

-The nice older lady telling me that I could now teach my posterity about the virtues of voting and how it was done and then immediately state "the system will shut down in two minutes after you insert your voting card." The 20 min. lesson I was formulating in my head quickly turned into "Watch kids, this is how it is done."

-Getting stickers that said "Yo vote. I voted." And the kids saying "what is yo vote?" My only response to that was "It means we live in a Democratic state."

This is my blog. My name is Megan A. Now go out and vote!

*shameless plug- Vote for Martha Schearr- she's a lovely LDS Mother of 7, running for a seat on the Board of Education.

Comments