My first blog post ever!

I started blogging one warm October day in 2006. I didn't even remember that it's been that long! It's almost been four years! Crazy, huh? I should do an anniversary post on the 16th of October! Yay for blogging! I love it!

Here it is, in it's unaltered, unedited form. Off the top of my head. Why oh why did I use the word "heck?" It was because I was 28 years old and I have lived in Utah since I was 18. That's why. I don't use that word anymore. It's been stricken from my vocabulary. Mostly. Oh, my heck! What a first blog post! Hee hee!

Monday, October 16, 2006

What the heck does “pinkpanda” mean?

Pink Panda.

Where does the title Pink Panda come from? Well… it all started when I realized that my favorite color is pink. I always thought it was kind of weak and too girly to have your favorite color be pink. “What?? Your favorite color is pink? What kind of person has PINK for their favorite color?” I always casually assumed that my favorite color was red, the closest color was red, the closest color to pink.

It wasn’t until one of my friends said “You know what? I think that your favorite color is PINK. Whenever you have a choice of a certain color you choose pink. You even choose the sour pink lemonade Slurpees at 7-Eleven every single time you go, even though you hate them, just because they are pink.” It’s like my brain would say “Oohhh..pink..” and forget everything sensible, like I don’t like sour things. It was then that I realized that “Yes, my favorite color IS pink!” I am coming out of the closest as a PINK lover. I love pink. There. I said it.

So, that’s where the PINK in my title comes from. The PANDA comes from my first visit to Hogle Zoo, in Salt Lake City. We drove the 50 minute drive from Provo and found our way there. After lots of walking and oohing and aahhing, I decided that my favorite animal there was the Red Panda. I even have a stuffed Red Panda from Washington D.C. to prove it. The Red Pandas are gorgeous. I love them!

That’s my title. This is my blog. My name is Megan.

Comments