Keepin' It Real


Monday Night at our house is Family Home Evening Night, or Family Night, as some may say. Sometimes Josh has to work and we don't do it until Tuesday or wait until the next week. Sometimes I do it on my own. Not usually though. And this is why...

I was sitting on the piano bench, having just played "I love to see the Temple" and the opening prayer had just been said, when Asher, our 4 year old, leans over to me, hands me something small and dark and says "What is this?"

Then two things happen almost simultaneously. He said "It smells like poo..." I brought it to my nose and smelled it. Let me tell you, if a 4 year old hands you something that looks like chocolate, odds are it is definitely NOT chocolate.

I screamed and dropped the "item" onto the floor. Josh gave me the look of death like "What in the world?!" I stammered out something like "Poo...it's poo..."

Then, I asked my little innocent one calmly "Where did you get that?"

"On my leg." He replied.

Oh, gross!

"Did you need help wiping?"

I further investigate the situation. Yes, he did need some more help.

I blame it all on our Saturday Night Cici's Pizza Venture. That stuff can be lethal.

So, now I am seriously considering changing my blog title to "Keepin' It Real" Although if that happens, I will be tempted to only blog about the crazy things that happen in my life with four kids between the ages of four and eight. Like when Josh gave me a hug yesterday and pulled away and looked at me in disgust. "What?" I said. "You have mustard on your shirt." He replies. I look down, find a HUGE spot, on my favorite shirt and burst into tears. But that's a story for another day.

Yeah, I like Keepin' It Real. This is my blog. My name is Megan A.

p.s. Mustard does not come out of clothing, as I researched online, because it contains Tumeric and Tumeric stains. I guess I'll be wearing an apron from now on, even when I'm just making sandwiches! I better get some hot new aprons! (Christmas wishlist hint!)

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Haha! Oh Asher... Now if your almost 2 year old hands you something small and dark, definitely do not TASTE it. It is NOT CHOCOLATE. It is cat poop from a cat who needs help wiping. True story. Lesson learned.
Sarah said…
Mustard will come out, it just takes a lot of time to get it out. Use cold water. I had to wash my shirt about 10 times in cold water to finally get it out and I even soaked in cold water with a little detergent. I finally got it out though.
Sarah said…
Crazy what happens with kids sometimes.