I'm sick!


I have been trying to make it to the temple all this month. Things kept happening to make it not happen- Josh had to work, we decided to go camping before the weather turned cold this past weekend, etc. I complained to my friend that I would not make it this month. She generously offered to watch Asher while I went to the Temple. I drove down to the D.C. Temple, which is a 25 minute drive door-to-door. That is unless you go on Tuesday morning and with traffic, it is about a 35 minute drive door to babysitters door to Temple door.

I've been sleeping crazily. Sunday Night, after Dinner, at 5:45 pm, I went to bed and fell asleep right away, only to awaken at 8:15 pm to the sounds of Josh singing GoodNight hymns to the kids. What a good way to wake up. (We just started doing this officially btw. When your 8 year old starts singing along with the hymns it may be a sign you started too late- oh, well!) The kitchen was sparkling, the left-overs put away (which were just Spaghetti- which is what we always have on Sunday because I am way too tired to cook anything after 3 hours or more of Church and kids and callings) and I was ready to go! I stayed up with Elizabeth (now that she is 8, she gets 30 minutes more of staying up time) and we read some from the Friend Magazine and chatted.

That was good. Monday was rainy and I felt down and out again, but not enough to not run a couple of miles at the gym. I didn't go grocery shopping (see said rain) but did wash, fold and put away two loads of laundry. At 8:10 pm I was out like a light. Again. Poor Josh. This morning Elizabeth woke me up with some of her issues (which I will post about later) at 1:40 am and I was up! Again, the kitchen counters were sparkling- thanks, Babe!- so I decided to add to the beauty of it all, by sweeping and mopping the floor, cleaning under the sink (it looks gorgeous btw!), scrubbing the guest bath, washing all of our throw rugs and then quickly checking e-mail. Asleep from 6-7:30 am, I was not doing so well when I woke up. Talk about grumpy! I knew a temple trip would smooth things out!

I had the most marvelous time and even stopped at the Church Distribution center for a few things and This is the Place Bookstore for some Organ Music. I felt FINE! The funny thing is, that from the moment I changed my clothes and laid down for a breather, I was SICK. Sneezing, Head ache, chills, runny nose. I broke out the Ibuprofen, the Halls, my thick socks and my snuggly (where have you been all this time?) The kids may just have to do their homework all by themselves after school today because I am out of commission. The funny thing is that Elizabeth had her 8 yr. old check up (yes, they do check ups yearly until the age of 11) and early this morning the Dr. called to reschedule because she was sick. I remember thinking "I wish I could call in sick too!" There should be an on-call Mommy for me to call and that can step in when I am sick. Anyone know the number?

This is my blog. My name is sickie Meggie (okay, that's what my Mom called me when I was sick. I won't tell you my other nick name!)

p.p.s. Ok. You got it out of me. Meggie-Foo-Foo. That's what she called me. But only my family is allowed to call me that. Don't even think about teasing me about it either! It won't work! I'll just laugh right along with you! Heee Hee!

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
I think the Mommy-on-call would be another wife if you were a polygamist. I guess that's a plus for polygamy! I'm sorry you're feeling sick. I hope you feel better, and that Elizabeth is okay, too. Love you!
I'm sorry you're sick! Don't worry, I think I've been called Heddy-hoo-hoo before!
Sarah said…
Hope the sickness passes quickly! I love the picture of the temple you have, beautiful!

Congrats on Josh's brother's wedding!! Love the pictures!