I just have to jot down the tender words of a four year old, as spoken to me tonight.
After family prayer, we always do a big group hug. Sometimes all the kids are in it, sometimes one or two are missing. And that's okay. They know that we love them. We also "I love you" at the end. Tonight Asher kept me in a huge embrace and said "I'm hugging you so much because I love you so much." I thrilled to hear those words. Over and over I went over that tender phrase in my mind as I helped Elizabeth say her personal prayers and then Asher say his as well. And then he did it again and said it again! I couldn't believe it! I said "I love you too, you are my sweet, special boy." and then came his sweet, special reply- "And you are my sweet, special girl." and gave me a pat on the back and laid down with a smile on his face. I love being a Mom!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Amber said…
That is too cute!