For Amy Jo




I found them! All of them! All of my poems that I have ever written. I think...
Well, most of them anyway! Hooray! Here's a little teaser and I'm dedicating this one to my little sister, Amy Jo. Amy Jo is 5 1/2 years younger than me and we get along swimmingly. She has provided me with all the talents and hobbies I now possess. When she played the piano, I followed suit and played too (we play about the same- she has more talent and practices less. I have less talent and practice more. Maybe not so much since the twins rolled into town.)

When she crocheted, I crocheted. When she cross-stitched, I cross stitched. When she moved to Japan for a year, I moved to Salt Lake City. Um, yeah. We're like twins. Now she is living in Ogden, Utah with two adorable kids and loves to cook healthy and craft and crochet and sew. She is a certified doula and I like to think that I take a little credit in that, as I asked her to be my doula four years ago and she never turned back!

Amy loves my poetry, as I mentioned before, so here's for you, little miss Amy! I love you! and miss you. Thanks for following my every word on this here my blog!

Bloody Red circa 6-23-96

Bloody red.
The kitchen floor.
Glistening red.
Large splatters
On the wall-
My heart, seeing
it's life source
bared, gasped.
Oh, the horror.
I stared
Until I saw,
The spaghetti
Noodles.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Ahh, thanks, Meg! I love and miss you, too--and I do credit you for my doula work! I love your poems so much. My favorite is "Once, at 4:44 in the morning, I walked in a field of frozen strawberry pie"...is that right? I love it!
Kelsy said…
Haha I like it, suspense, the na surprise ending! Plus I agree, Amy is a dear example:)