Flowers from Josh for our 9th Anniversary

I've been up early, watching a movie on our new 32 inch big screen tv that we are borrowing from Uncle Craig and Aunt Ellen. We took the tv that we bought used- when we were first married- down. The date on the back said 1993. Wow. I was freshman in High School when it was made! It was broken. Previously it had fallen and the aux. cable had broken off inside the tv. What did we do? Go out and buy a new one? Nope, we pulled out an extra set of aux. cable and pushed them into the hole that still had a broken piece in it. It worked! The sound would go in and out though. Poor babysitters who would be watching a movie on a Friday night then boom, the sound would go out. All you had to do is wiggle the cord back there but you had to know that to do that. No wonder all of our babysitters starting bringing their books, homework, YW personal progress and knitting over with them. The Abbott's tv doesn't really work, they would remember!

How amazing to actually turn the tv on- with a remote. To change the volume, with a remote and to not squint to see the screen. Wow. Worth getting up at 5 am to see Bright Star? I think so! That movie is so incredibly touching. I bawled and had to turn it off because I knew the ending. He dies. There. Now you know too.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. don't watch depressing movies late at night/early in the morning when you are starting to be depressed. It will make you cry, want to write bad poetry and inspire you to no end.

p.p.s. there are two other blog entries that I have already written today. One, a poem as inspired by John Keats. Second, a lengthy one describing my not-so-good week and weekend. You can skip that one. If you want to.

p.p.p.s. Thank you, Beautify My Blog
for finally showing me how to make the pictures on my blog larger than life, when no one else could. I love it!

Comments