Bipolar awareness







There is an awesome article in the September 2010 Guideposts magazine (which my Grandparents give us as a Christmas present every year- thanks, Grandpapa and Grandmama!) about bipolar. Glenn Close's sister was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when her 19 son was diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder (think bipolar meets schizophrenia- so glad I don't have that one!) and realized she had all the same symptoms. Anyways, there was a picture with her sister wearing a shirt saying bipolar and Glen wearing a shirt that said "sister" and I just thought it was awesome that they are willing to stand up for the disorder they have and not hide it and put it in a closet and not talk about it. I want to do that! So, I googled bipolar t-shirts and these are my top favorites.

What do you think?Would you wear one of these? If so, which one?

I may have to buy one next month- when my clothing budget isn't being overtaken by back to school shopping!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps. I just learned that bipolar has a green awareness ribbon. I've been diagnosed for 18 months now and never knew! Talk about lack of awareness, people!

Comments