My 1st 5K



Me- tired after the long, hot run.


Everyone was looking towards the Parade- not at me!


Elizabeth and her close friend Madison

I've been training for a 5k for quite a while now. Since January I think. The 5k training program I have is for 8 weeks. There were no good 5 K's going on in the end of February. Nothing. So, I stretched my training into sixteen weeks. I found a nice 5K downtown D.C. for the end of April and even registered for it. Then I got pregnant, miscarried and had to schedule the D and C for the same week as the 5 K. Bleh. The next one coming up was on July 4th. Two months later. July 4th? Are you kidding me? July is not a good time to run. Even I could tell you that. Me. The novice. So, I decided to do it anyways. Even if I would be gone on a vacation very soon before that. Even I had not stuck to my training schedule for the third time in a row. I was going to do it.

So, I did it. And it felt SO GOOD! Yes, it was hot. Yes, it was tiring. But, I DID IT! I ran over 3 miles in July. I finished the goal I set out to do a long time ago. Yay! (I'm going out running again tomorrow.)

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay! That is awesome Megan! Congrats!
Fox and Amy said…
Congratulations, Meg! Go you! And in the hot sun, too. Yay!
Douglas Smith said…
That's great Megan. Way to go!!