Multitude Monday

I watched a particularly disturbing movie the other day (not rated R- but PG-13 and just really, really weird) and read a disturbing blog and was wondering what I could do to purge all that gunk out of my system. I decided to be grateful. Focus on all the good things in life and not the little bad things in life that can take away our happiness and joy. So here is my Multitude Monday:

I am grateful for:

1. My family- immediate and extended. They love me and I love them and without them and their support, I would be utterly lost in this world.

2. My health- it's touch and go at moments, but currently I more healthy than I have ever been as I am running and not eating any junk (ok- some chocolate).

3. The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ (www.mormon.org). I love that I know why I am here, what I am supposed to be doing in my life, where I will all go after I die and that I can teach my children these things when they ask questions like "Do animals have souls?" (yes, they do!).

4. My friends. My friends from Church, my friends from the Moms Club and my old friends on facebook. If I need someone to watch Asher, someone is there. If I want to talk about my crazy life, someone is there and that makes all the difference.

5. My home- sturdy and strong, full of improvements projects to keep me busy and happy.

6. My garden- that has given me 4 green beans up to date and keeps me happy seeing things grow in my own yard.

7. Swimming- oh, how I love it. 7 pools in my own hometown and access to each one of them? Yes, please!

8. Abbotts- that live close by that I can ask any favors of like buying cheap movie tickets at Costco for me.

9. Playing the organ, who knew that I would love to sit by myself and belt out loud hymns and dinky songs?

10. Finally, my mission- the memories and friends I made and things I learned. I think about my mission daily and it reminds me of the joy of working hard, being faithful, having good friends and enjoying new adventures. Life is a mission!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Janey said…
You are so right Megan! Being thankful is an instant mood picker-upper. Thanks for helping me to remember that too!