Earthquake! 3.6!

This morning around 5 am I was woken up with a lot of shaking! "Earthquake!" I said and woke up Josh. "Earthquake! Wait a second- does Maryland get earthquakes?" "No" he mumbled and went back to sleep. I couldn't sleep, so I went online and found a few people on facebook talking about it. They woke up too! It was an earthquake! In Germantown, off of Middlebrooke Road, 3 miles deep. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/quakes_all.php

I talked about it with Josh a half an hour later. He said Maryland has never had an earthquake. It's either the last days or the Abbotts have always slept through the earthquakes. Josh slept right trough! Of course, it was only 3.6- like a train or a big truck coming through.

I'm definitely glad it was an earthquake. I thought it was a withdrawal symptom from stopping/reducing my meds. All that shaking. I guess I brought the earthquakes from California with me! Phew!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Beverly said…
I....hate....earthquakes!!!!