So, I can't sleep!

Me and Jonah, playing miniature golf! (Me-without make-up! Scary, I know!)


I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's mania or Spring Time or that I'm addicted to quiet time on the Internet so I wake up two and a half hours earlier than when I have to be up. I wake up at 4:30 almost every morning. Saturday morning I was up for the day at 3:30 am and then in bed by 8:30, only to awaken at 4:30 again. When I was tired at 8:30 that night I knew I had to stop the cycle of craziness. I even called my Dr. about this and my ringing of the ears and she called in a prescription for Depakote. Over the phone!

I was hesitant to use it. I mean, it's an anti-seizure, bipolar medicine that could have some random side effect I have never had before. Like you know, gaining twenty pounds in two months. I can't handle that! I have a wedding to go to in three days!

It could make me turn into a zombie (aka may cause drowsiness) and I would just sit on the couch and stare at the wall or read for hours on end. We don't want that. Again, the wedding. I have to be entertaining. I can't be a zombie. Who likes to be around a zombie?

So, I happened to be at the temple yesterday and I prayed about it. I felt strongly that I should take the Depakote. Dang it. I took it. I'm up again at 4:30 am. Does it take awhile to kick in? Usually these things knock me out. Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, I'll be online, but not on facebook, because man, that really is addicting.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. you can't say watch tv because we get diddly squat on at 4:30 in the morning! Online tv may be possible!

Comments