It all started...

with me falling asleep during my nightly prayers on Wednesday night. All I know is that I was praying my normal prayer and then all of a sudden there were monkeys and zoo keepers and orangatangs (ok, maybe not orangatangs) and Josh was coming into the room and it was 20 minutes later.

That was weird I thought. The next morning I woke up and took my meds on a empty stomach. Well, almost empty. I did have some Stephens Hot Chocolate and I felt that that counted as food. Nope. Up it all came. With the kids watching.

I was down for the count. Then it came out the other end. For four hours. I weakly drove the kids to school and got back. I thought Asher would be okay as long as I turn on a movie.

On went the movie. To dreamland I went. Ten minutes later. "Mom!!! Something happened." Up I went to see what was the matter. Back to Dreamland. "Mom" on and off for an hour. Josh called to check up on me and suggested I find someone to watch Asher. It's so nice to know that I have at least three friends close by who could take him.

I called a friend and they were having preschool- making homemade ice cream. That was way better than watching a movie. Asher was thrilled. After lots of sleep and resting for the rest of the day and a three hour dr. appointment that was already scheduled, I am fine. The Dr. says I am definitely less manic and that's always positive. My appointment was for 7 pm and she saw me at 9:20 pm. She does this all the time. I had vowed never to see her again and then she complimented me and listened to me and blessed me (a short prayer she says and the end) and I left feeling like I would wait forever to see this woman. Maybe that's how she gets away with it.

There was an end of the year banquet for the MOMS club last night that I was supposed to go to and I was upset that I missed it. Why does one always get sick on the fun days and not the normal days? Anyways, back to normalcy or something like it since school is out in four days.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Sarah said…
Oh wow, how scary! I hope things improve for you!