California Trip

For the past three days Josh and I have been in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles California, sans children, to attend the last of his siblings wedding. We had the most amazing time! One of our babysitters asked us "Was it worth it???"
Was it worth the money we spent on plane tickets and food and clothes to get ready? I would say YES!!!!

Was it worth the long airplane ride and everything that goes along with that? Heck yes!!!

Was it worth being away from our kids for three days or going to the wrong airport so we had to hurriedly get our car and run up two flights of escalators and make it to our flight with only five minutes to spare? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Ben and Barbara were married in the back of Kristen's house surrounded by all of Josh's immediate family and a few close friends. We ate a catered dinner afterwards and took family pictures. The weather was gorgeous, the people fun and happy and the food delicious. What more could one want?

Today I will highlight our trip in quotes and later I will add pictures.

As heard by one of Hilary and Dave's young songs: "Ben and Barbara are getting married. That means that the next time we visit them in San Luis there will be new babies. (he does have 32 cousins so I can see where he gets this idea).

Hilary: "I think that they are going to wait awhile."

Son: "Yeah, they probably will wait for two to three weeks." Hee hee. Little kids crack me up!

MaryRuth and Dominic brought their kids and their 6 year old son, Samuel, attached on to me and we became fast friends. The second day there he said:

"Megan, I want to tell you something: You are beautiful."

It melted my heart.

"I wanted to tell you yesterday but I forgot. So I'm telling you today."

So cute! He also said "Did you watch cartoons this morning? What did you watch?" "Do you want to come over and watch cartoons with me. Wake me up if I'm asleep. Don't wake up Mom and Dad though." Hee hee

As overheard from Ben and Barbara Abbott- our newest newlyweds- "WE'RE MARRIED! WE'RE MARRIED! WE'RE MARRIED!" They were so excited to be married to each other. They get to honeymoon at Avila Beach and then spend three days at the Grand California Disney Hotel and Disneyland.

I'm jealous! What a fabulous trip!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments