Women's Conference 2010








I had the opportunity to attend BYU Women's Conference 2010 and volunteer at one of their service projects. In February, Josh's sister Emily, called me and asked if I wanted to help her and Joy do a service project of making boxes that women could take home from the hospital after they lost their babies. After some thinking, and planning and feeling like I just couldn't say no, I said yes.

Little did I know that I would miscarry at 8 weeks on April 6, three weeks before Women's Conference, and thus feel very much attached to the said service project. Emily lost her son, Joseph, at 21 weeks, and was deeply devoted to carry this service project out. We were going to make 400 boxes and bracelets, with the help of lots of women at Women's Conference. Josh's other sisters Jen, Kristen, Ellen and sister-in-law Marrisse all planned to come.

It was going to be an amazing reunion and Women's Conference. And it was! How so! We stayed up late talking at night. We listened to Julie B. Beck speak about what things are essential, necesary and nice to do in our lives. We made boxes, ate BYU mint brownies, listened about how to weather the storms of life, met beautiful women, shopped at the bookstore, ate at the CougarEat, stayed up late at night and were united in one grand cause- choosing to serve the Lord.

I loved it. I love my family. I love the Church. I love BYU. My favorite experience from Women's Conference was when I heard that in the same Church where the service project of making these boxes took place, a memorial service for two young parents who lost their baby at 21 weeks was being perfomed in the other chapel. Emily brought the Mother a box and words and comfort were exchanged. How wonderful it is to serve the Lord among other women who are serving the Lord also.

Oh, I spent time with my own family too, but that is another post altogether!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments