Lithium Woes

So, I'm back on lithium. I've taken before and loved it! I've loved it this time too, until I forgot to go get my blood levels checked like I was supposed to on Tuesday. Things have been so busy around here: preparing for the boys birthday party and at the same time getting materials for a bathroom overall. It has been sooo crazy! and I was cocky- once again. This seems to be the story of my life. I thought that since I had taken the same amount of lithium before, that the same amount would work again so I did not get my blood checked. Also, after getting my blood drawn twice for my last pregnancy and things not working out, I feel strongly against that lab and do not want to set my foot in there ever again.

Until today. I woke up with ringing in my ears and a feeling that there is water in my ears but it won't go away. I can't hear very well and I'm in pain. Plus, it's the boys birthday! I got all ready for Church and was ready to go when I felt like I was going to pass out. Earlier I had looked on-line and buzzing of the ears was definitely an overdose symptom of lithium. I took my meds this morning, despite it and then called my Dr. She suggested I go to the hospital tonight (12 hours after I took my last dose) and get my blood checked. Bleh. I fell asleep and missed most of sacrament mtg. And they were calling a new Young Women and Relief Society Presidency and blessing a new baby! Aaah! I took an hour nap full of crazy dreams and woke up to find Josh had forgotten the strawberries I made for the Munch and Mingle afterwards.

I quickly took them up to Church and sat down in pain for the last 15 min. The boys were very hyper since we let them open up presents this morning. Needless to say, because I did not get my blood checked, I missed all of Church today, have to go to the Hospital (which I dislike more than the blood lab) and get my levels checked. I know they are off. Here's to getting a better level of medicine and being healthy once again!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. Here's the website link for General Conference: https://beta.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng. It's what I did for Church today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry about your lithium woes!! Hope you're feeling better.

Love,
Adele