Book of Mormon


I was doing my early morning scripture reading in The Book of Mormon and I was getting bored! I checked what book I was reading in and it was Alma- of course! I always get stuck in Alma! The fighting, the wars, I just have a really hard time getting into it. Isaiah is fine for me. Alma? Phew.

So, what did I do? I prayed. "Heavenly Father, I am really having a hard time getting into my scripture study this morning. Please help me find something that I can apply in my life and help me be better." Or something like that. The next verse I read was Alma 43:50 "And they began to stand against the Lamanites with power: and in that selfsame hour that they cried unto the Lord for their freedom, the Lamanites began to flee before them..."

What I learned from this was:
1. God hears and answers my prayers. Because I prayed, He helped that scripture come to light in my mind. I could have kept reading and totally glance over it.

2. He will deliver us from our fears: our worries about whether we are good parents or students, our worries about whether we are loving our children enough, whether we are doing all the Lord wants us to do.

3. The book of Alma can be interesting, I just need to be humble and seek it's beauty.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Laura said…
The way to make Alma interesting is to read it to your boys. I tell you, Sam thinks it's the greatest thing ever! Strategy, sneaking around, fighting, taking over cities, he loves it all. An it makes it more fun for me to read it to him because he can't wait to see what will happen next. It's fun!