So, I'm Pregnant...or not.


Our Azaleas are blooming once again!

So, I'm pregnant. Or, not. I still have lots of pregnancy symptoms- waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, not being able to sleep, cravings for foods like pink grapefruit and Pioneer Woman's grilled cheese sandwich with provolone, cheddar, red onion, green chilies, tomato and spicy mustard. That's one crazy sandwich but I have eaten like five of them in the past two weeks.

But, I'm not. There is no little baby growing inside of me- it has stopped growing. I can't tell people we are expecting, because we are not.

And I feel like I can't complain. This is just what happens in life. Things like this happen in life, right? I just didn't think it would happen to me. It was out of the realm of posibility for me. I was naive. Now I know. And will be more cautious then next time.

Oh, and the pregnancy dreams keep coming. The other night I dreamed that I was Jewish, stuck in a box with a German, who kept poking and kicking me because, hey, if this can happen, then anything can happen to me. I know things will work out in the end. I just have to get to the end first.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Sonian said…
hang in their megan and josh. we all are thinking about you and praying for you.
Joanie said…
Yes, Meg...hang in there. The getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is the result of pregnancy hormones...I used to think it was the fetus' pressure on the bladder, but no..also the strong flavored sandwich sounds quite appealing.
This drama is not over yet, so I hope and pray you can ride it out OK. Love, Mom