My Man Ethan


Ethan is 5 1/2- almost 6. He turns 6 in a month. And is way excited about it. "How many days until my birthday?" He asks me often. "A lot" I reply. I can't tell him exactly how many because he will hold me to it. Last year I told him "33" then the next day I just randomly said "30" He said "What? 30 days? Yesterday is was 33!" I didn't realize he was actually keeping track. Now I just say 4 t-ball games. It's easier to count that way.

By the way, the boys are doing t-ball and they love it. They run around and hit the ball pretty well, coming from a non-sports family. They left their mitts at the field the other day and I hurriedly bought them new ones right before their first game. So now, we own four baseball mitts. I guess we have four childre, so that's okay.

Ok. On to Ethan. Ethan loves money. He hoards it, counts it, wants to go to the store and spend it. Currently he has a plastic bag of money in his sock drawer. This is at the age of 5! He also loves writing. When I get my scanner, I will scan in the Rocket Journal that Ethan made, wrote and colored all by himself. It's really cute. He took five index cards, stapled them together, glued a picture of a rocket on it and wrote on each card. "I lke rckts." "I dnt lke (something)." "I had a gret day :)" It melted my heart. His teacher says he loves writing and he does.

Ethan is a sweet boy. Yesterday he said "I like it when you come to my class." He was so sweet, talking to me and showing everything he made. I love Ethan!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments