General Conference

In one short day it is General Conference time. For those of you who don't know, I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, otherwise known as the Mormon Church. I was born into the Church. My Mom became a Convert in her 20's and my Dad comes from a long line of faithful members, including pioneers and a member of the 70's. I have almost always had a very strong testimony of the truthfulness of the Church and it's Gospel. I served an eighteen month mission at the age of 21 in Bilbao, Spain and I loved sharing the Book of Mormon with others in a different country and in a different language.

One of the hardest things I have ever had to go through is the Depression I went through from March 2008 to March 2009 when I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar. It rocked my testimony. I felt guilty daily and constantly wondered at my status in the eyes of my Heavenly Father. I am here to tell you that although I know that my trials are not over, or far from it, it has been my testimony of the Book of Mormon, along with Priesthood blessings and advice and counsel from loving Fathers, Mothers and friends, a Bishop, a counselor, a husband and the love of my kind Heavenly Father, that helped me through the times where I could barely hang on to any hope and life itself. I kept reading the Book of Mormon. I never stopped. I kept going to Church and saying my prayers. I kept serving.

During General Conference (found on byu.tv, lds.org and dish network) apostles and leaders give revelation to us in our day on how we can gain greater happiness and peace in this life. It happens every six months and every time, I look forward to it with joy and anticipation. Why? Do you ask. It's because of talks like the following one. I love how despite Satan uses the internet to harm, we can use the internet to also share the truth of the Gospel. If your heart is touched as you listen to this video, feel free to watch more this Saturday and Sunday online at EST 12 pm and 2 pm each day. I promise you that you will find peace and happiness. I know I will. (The following talk was found on you tube under Mormon Messages and was one of my favorites given last Conference in Nov. 2009).

Comments