Bloody Noses

So, yesterday, as we were enjoying the warmer weather that had graced us once again with it's presence, we took a walk down the hill. At the bottom of said hill there is a rocking swing which my children love to swing back and forth on- ignoring the cobwebs and various spiders that hang there on. They were happily swinging, I was watching nearby and up comes Jonah. I'm bleeding! He says. We have had to teach them to say this. Normally the boys will just cry and then drip blood all over. History- the boys get bloody noses often. Asher doesn't. Elizabeth doesn't. Just Ethan and Jonah. We have no idea why. Luckily it was just a slow bleed, not a Mount-Rushmore kind of bleed. I hurriedly check my pockets. No tissue. What? No tissue? I always have tissue! Well, Elizabeth- who has had a chronic runny nose for the past two weeks must have some- even if it's been used for goodness sake.

Nope. No tissue. I frantically check the status of the neighbors. Eight year old neighbor's door is open. Thank goodness! I go over and Jonah trails behind. Said eight year old's Mom is in the back talking on the phone. No amount of knocking gets her attention. I hear said eight year old boy. I venture to open the door and call his name. Nothing. It's like he was hiding. We slowly make our way back up to the hill (in retrospect I could have sent Elizabeth running to get some tissue also) and make it back just fine.

Later, after dinner, Elizabeth pulls a tissue out of her pocket. Oh, I did I have a tissue, she mentions casually. For goodness sake.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. manic update- I'm fine. It was a weird fluke. Thank goodness!

Comments

Douglas Smith said…
Manic Update - Great news Megan!

Sorry to hear about the bloody noses.

BTW I've been enjoying your blog.