Snow day, bubble machine and pics


Here's Ethan behind a bubble from his bubble machine.


Ashe is trying to pop the bubble and Jonah doesn't want him to! The hat Jonah is wearing used to be mine when I was little.

Jonah!
Hilary, I practiced your zooming in and natural lighting- what do you think?


Snow in front!


Snow in back!

Today is a snow day! We went to a Math Night at the school last night and it started snowing right before we left. Snow had been predicted. I didn't even know - I was informed of this by at least three teachers at school yesterday when I went and volunteered. "It's supposed to snow tonight and Saturday!" one teacher gleefully exclaimed. Another teacher: "it's really supposed to snow tonight!" and the third one- when I was picking up the kids from school- "Any news on the weather?" Nope. I don't really have a ton invested in what the weather is like. Yes, my kids stay home but that's about it.

The snowflakes came down slowly starting at 6 pm and were still going at 10 pm. We planned on having no school. This morning I checked the website- yep. No school. So, we made one eye monsters (eggs in a hole in toast), went shopping at Sams Club for the makings of fruit smoothies (even though it's snowing, I need a fruit fix!) and picked up the movie Ice Age 3 at Redbox. We also played with Ethan's bubble machine after blowing bubbles in our shakes and I practiced my photography skills with our new camera. Here's to a snowy day and having kids at home to play with!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Douglas Smith said…
Nice photos Megan! I'm cold just looking at all that ice and snow. You seem pretty much used to it now. Brrrr!