Asher starts Preschool!

So, Asher started preschool this week! Since all of the other kids are in school, Josh and I felt like he needed something to keep him busy and help him learn and grow! He was quite excited and even got dressed all by himself. When we got there, he walked straight in and started taking his coat off. He has seen his brothers do it and he was ready. Yay for independence!

Meanwhile, I was excited to be kid free for a little while! It felt weird knowing that I had three hours that I could do anything with! It's been a lonnngggg time since that has happened! I went to the gym and ran/walked the first week of a 5k training schedule- that's RIGHT! a 5K is among my goals this year- again! Hopefully this will be the year that it happens!

After the gym, I headed home to clean the fridge. I decided that I could make cookies so that they could bake while I scrubbed. Little did I know that the process of baking cookies would go something like this:

Decide on chocolate chip cookies. Check level of chocolate chips available. Half a bag. No good! Decided on Peanut butter ones. Need recipe. Spend twenty minutes sorting through cookbooks and purging and looking at new recipes. Resort to printing one online.
Begin baking. Realize the baking shelf needs to be cleaned out. Clean out shelf 20 min. Find three bags of brown sugar, plain and Italian bread crumbs and more chocolate.
Mix the dough and form the cookies. 20 min.
Time to pick up Asher already? Where did the time go?

So, no new clean fridge, but yes peanut butter cookies, a clean, organized baking shelf, a clean and organized stack of cook books and a happy Megan.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments