Mac Donalds


This morning I volunteered in the classroom. I got to go to Jonah, Ethan and Elizabeth's classrooms- only for a short time in each. In Elizabeth's classroom I picked up her journal
that they write in every day. The entry was entitled "This weekend I...".

Now, this weekend we went to Trunk-or-Treat, got tons of candy, hit open two pinatas, carved pumpkins, went Trick-or-Treating, went to a Halloween Party, went to Church, had dinner at our Aunt and Uncle's house and finally on Monday (a no school day)- after being tired from a long weekend- went to the gym, McDonalds and the park.

Guess what Elizabeth chose to write about? That's right: McDonalds. She wrote (and I'll try to paraphrase here, spelling corrected): This weekend we went to McDonalds. This weekend we went to McDonalds. We went to McDonalds because my Mom likes to eat there. She likes to eat a yogurt cup with strawberries."

Wow. Next time I'll choose the option to go to the National Zoo. That sounds a lot better than: we went to McDonalds. A lot better.

Comments

Joanie said…
Megan..that yogurt with strawberries is quite good. This all doesn't mean Eliz. didn't recall all she had done that weekend. It just means the macDonald experience was a memorable activity for her. Kids love activities involving food, you know. Does Elizabeth like the yogurt and strawberry cup, too? Mom