Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!! We hope everyone had a happy one! Yesterday morning we went hiking up Sugarloaf Mountain (I had baked some pies the day before- so I was pretty much free!). It was very foggy and kind of cold, so we didn't get any pictures.

Thursday afternoon we headed to Craig and Ellen's house. They had lots of yummy food and I brought a pumpkin pie, cherry pie, Mom's famous jello, yams (with marshmallows and Asher said "please pass the marshmallows") and green beans. Ellen made everything else-including homemade apple pie- with the help of Lisee and Mary- and it was all delicious. After dinner we all watched Brigadoon- a classic Thanksgiving movie Josh's family watches- and then pie. Lisee helped teach our kids UNO- we have it, but I had felt they were too young for it- I guess not!

We got home, put the kids to bed and I started feeling sick. I thought I had eaten too much but I'm still sick today, so I guess not. It's probably the stomach flu. Josh has watched the kids- and at one point they came in and all gave me get well cards- so cute! Elizabeth asked if I'll be better tomorrow- I hope so!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
Hope you feel better tomorrow--being sick is no fun! How did Mom's jello turn out?
Hilary said…
how yucky for you:( hopefully no one else gets it.
Douglas Smith said…
Sorry you got the bug Megan. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving though. We really miss you, Josh and the kids! Love, Doug & Sheelah
We have indeed enjoyed Brigadoon--especially its revival at the National Theater several years ago. Here's a link to a good pix of Sugarloaf Mountain on a bright sunny day: (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/SugarloafMD.jpg) Hope you are feeling much better now.--Lloyd
WOW...your Thanksgiving flu was the same as ours...we ate, came home and everyone was puking!

We worried it was food poisoning, but some of us didn't get sick who had eaten the same exact stuff....

Anyway, it really stinks to be sick especially after eating so much food!