Swing flu


I was helping out at the kids school this morning when I heard someone laughing. It was the secretary. She was laughing with another lady. I looked to see what they were laughing about. It was a note from a student's Mother that said "Please excuse so-and-so- from being absent from school Oct. 22- 26th. He has the swing flu. Thank you." Hee-hee. The swing flu!

I guess she said that a lot of students have not been showing up to school. As a concerned Parent, should I worry? Is the "swing" flu running around my kid's school? Should I rush out to get the nearest vaccine and have them all vaccinated, although I don't know if they are even still in stock?

I think I will take it easy. You know- use hand sanitizer more often, washing their hands, etc. And hope that they- and all of us- make it through this flu season healthy, happy and well.

Comments

Unknown said…
Find out more about how many kids have had the swine flu at your school and if it is even more than a handful I would try to do the vaccine!