Sandy Cera

My Mom's younger sister, Sandy, has been battling cancer for the past year or so. She passed away this morning. We all knew she was going. We knew when she was having a hard time, or when she was stable. We all talked about her often- concerned with how she was doing, what things were going on in her life, etc.

Let me tell you a little bit about Sandy from my memories. She was one of the most loving, unselfish, creative people I know. She had no kids but she kind of adopted me and my six siblings as her own. For each and every birthday growing up Sandy would send us the neatest, coolest, trendiest things out there. I always remember excitedly opening each gift and knowing that I would love and cherish it for years to come.

Sandy loved animals. She had several cats and would sign her cats names onto the Christmas Cards she sent. She enjoyed living in Colorado and traveling places with her husband Steve. Steve owns a motorbike and they would travel long distances to visit us in California, and of course- Disneyland.

If you have a memory of Sandy, feel free to leave it here on my blog. Thank you. We will miss you, Sandy- always and forever and are grateful for peaceful promises of life with our Heavenly Father after this life is over.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
Megan..once again you have distilled the essence of something-the life of Sandy Cera!