"Navilla"


Every once and a while Josh and I will take turns taking one of the kids out for "special time". This usually includes an activity like shopping or going to the mall, and almost always ends in a treat of ice cream or candy.

Last night I took Jonah out for his "special time". He has been wanting to go on his special time for a week now, but things kept coming up. We went to Wal-mart to look for some new shoes and got an ice cream cone from McDonalds (inside the Wal-mart- two American icons blended happily together!). Jonah also wanted a toy from a happy meal. I asked if I could just buy the toy and not the meal. They said yes. Turns out it was $1.67 and with a happy meal being $2.99- you might as well buy the meal too!

We got home and Jonah was excited to tell Ethan all about his trip. Ethan asked what kind of ice cream he got and if it was strawberry. Jonah said no, it was navilla. Navilla? That's new! Ethan replied, "oh, I don't like navilla." Asher was already in bed and I went in his room to get something and he started crying. Jonah said "I know why he's crying- he wants to see my new toy" and hurriedly tried to show him it. Funny kids!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
what is that inJonah's hand? A toy or a real frog or something? Love, Mom