Lead Kindly Light

Our ward in Church yesterday dedicated the whole meeting to the singing of hymns. People would share what their favorite hymn was and why. Josh talked about his favorite hymn- Lead Kindly Light. I was in the shower this morning and the words of that hymn ran through my head:

Lead Kindly Light,
Amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on!

The night is dark
And I am far from home.
Lead thou me on!

It goes on, but I love the word "kindly" in Lead, kindly light. It speaks of the kindness our Heavenly Father shows to us so often. We can see it daily in the tender mercies that He gives us- like seeing a favorite flower, or hearing your child laugh. I love the Lord and am thankful for his kind light in my life.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
That is my favorite hymn, too. What a neat sacrament meeting. We did that in a ward once, and I loved it!
Boo said…
What a great idea for Sacrament meeting! I really like that song, too. The lyrics and melody combine to convey a feeling of comfort and peace.