Blueberry Picking/ Slide Riding

I decided to take the kids blueberry picking this morning. Josh was gone helping someone move and it sounded like a good idea at the time. Until I got lost. I had the directions written down but could not find the turn off street to save my life. We drove around in dense forest while the kids lamented things like "are we lost?". Yes, yes we are. I had to reply. Finally, I promised them that Dad would help us find it when he got home.

He got home and we dragged him along with us. We got there with the help of the address plugged into my gps (my gps wouldn't recognize the name of the place). Then we saw asign "blueberry picking closed sat and sun. No ripe berries." So sad. We saw another sign that said "slides this way" so we bought a snack and headed to some huge, fun slides. The kids had a lot of fun- probably as much as they would have blueberry picking. Next year we are going to go sooner!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Joanie said…
yes, meg..remember last year, we went the first week of July, after July 4th...it was perfect! Mark your 2010 calendar now. Did you take pictures of the sliding activity? i am intrigued. Love, MOM