General Conference


This past weekend was General Conference. Normally, we watch all four sessions on tv. This past weekend though, was the peak time to go see the 3,000 cherry trees in blossom down by the mall in D.C. so we decided to go check it out in the morning and then be back in time for Conference at 12 pm or watch it at the Visitors Center. We went down with our friends the Carrolls. They have three kids and always take the metro. We have four, and never take the metro.

It was the most crowded I've ever seen! The trains were so packed we had to wait for more empty ones to come. It was an adventure, but I will never ever take the metro to see the blossoms again! We got down there, took some pictures- which I'll post later- and had a picnic lunch and flew a little kite.

We got back at 1 or 2 so we missed most of the morning session. Josh did look on his blackberry to find out the new apostle- Neil A. Anderson- the uncle of one of my BYU friends. I loved the second session and then the morning session on Sunday. The talk that struck me most was the one about temple work. I've really gotten into family history lately and love taking my own names in. My new goal is to go twice a month- once by myself and once with Josh. Going to the temple and studying the scriptures will always give me the answers I need to life's problems- just like Conference does.

I have to hurry and go to my php program. Lots of love, Megan

Comments