My Depression and the Inauguration '09
I went to see my Psychiatrist, Dr. Joshi, in Baltimore, Mayland today. I mentioned to him that I wanted to stop taking my medication (for personal reasons! You can e-mail me and ask me if you want to!). He replied that that was NOT a good idea. He said that my brain does not make enough seratonin. Lexapro does not give me seratonin, but helps my brain produce it. He said I should be on it for six months (I've been on it for three, so three more to go) and then we can start reducing it then. If I start having a hard time, then I will go back on it for next winter and try to go off of it next summer. Some people have to stay on it all their lives, but I don't feel that I will be one of these people. I want to still have more babies, and you cannot get pregnant on this medication. This seems to be a longer recovery than I originally planned, but I am giving myself until Dec. 2010 to work on this Depression and make more decisions from that point on. Thank you to all who have praye...




Comments